Italy is the country of pizza, famous throughout the world which makes it a true culinary legend. Why not experiment further and make this delight even a vegan icon? Here’s a quick and easy way to prepare an excellent vegan pizza, true to tradition but free of animal-derived ingredients.
Tomato sauce, grilled vegetables, a generous sprinkling of vegan parmesan and your pizza will have nothing to envy to traditional versions.
PIZZA VEGAN RECIPE
Preparing a vegan pizza at home is quick and easy, the important thing is to follow some advice and give free rein to the imagination according to your tastes. Here is the recipe for making two pizzas:
250 grams of durum wheat flour
1/2 (about 100 grams) cup of peppers, orange and red greens, cut into cubes
1/3 cup (30 grams) filled with chopped red onion
1/3 cup (30 grams) of chopped mushrooms
1/2 cup (about 120 grams) of vegan parmesan
a pinch of salt, according to taste
1/2 teaspoon of basil, oregano and garlic powder or fresh
400 grams of tomato sauce, possibly organic
- Turn on the oven and wait for it to reach a temperature of 220 degrees
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. When it is hot, add a tablespoon of olive oil and cook onions and peppers. Season with salt, herbs and mix well. Cook for 10 – 15 minutes until the amalgam does not become soft and lightly browned. Add the mushrooms in the last few minutes of cooking. Once ready, remove the preparation from the heat.
- To prepare the sauce with which to season the pizza, put the tomato puree in a bowl and add seasonings and salt to taste.
- After preparing the pizza dough, spread it on a floured surface and then place it on a round baking pan (use the parchment paper to better remove the pizza from the pan after cooking)
- Season the pizza with the passata, the vegetable mix and a generous sprinkling of vegan parmesan.
- Put in the oven for 17/20 minutes. A good way to tell if the pizza is cooked is to wait for the crust to turn golden.
- Remove from the oven and season with the advanced Parmesan and a sprinkling of oregano.