The Chocolate and Coffee Biscuit Cake is an easy and quick dessert that is prepared with a dough similar to shortcrust pastry, enriched with cocoa and coffee.
The Chocolate and Coffee Biscuit Cake is the ideal dessert for all those times when you can’t decide whether to prepare a cake or a biscuit. Prepared with a base similar to that of shortcrust pastry, but then simply cooked on a sheet of parchment paper, this Biscuit Cake is truly amazing. Serve it with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream or chopped together with coffee: it will be snapped up!
You need the classic dessert ingredients for the Biscuit Cake Recipe: Flour, Eggs, Butter and then to give flavor and color Bitter Cocoa and Coffee Powder. Let’s find out how to prepare this Dolce Dolce!
If you are looking for other Recipes for Easy and Quick Desserts, try the amazing Lemon Cream in a Bottle, the Quick Cherry Cupcakes or the very tasty Apple Fagottini.
// Chocolate and Coffee Biscuit Cake //
°° Ingredients °°
- 270 gr of 00 flour
- 110 grams of butter
- 110 grams of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of instant coffee
- 1 cup of Espresso Coffee
- 30 gr of Bitter Cocoa Powder
- 50 gr of Chocolate Drops
How to make the Chocolate and Coffee Biscuit Cake?
- To prepare the Chocolate and Coffee Biscuit Cake, begin to sift the flour and cocoa into a bowl. Then add the sugar and the butter at room temperature and cut into pieces. Knead the dough briefly with your hands until you get a crumbled texture, similar to a crumble.
- Then add the coffee in which you have dissolved the instant coffee and the eggs and begin to knead with your hands until you have a smooth and homogeneous dough. Wrap it in plastic wrap and leave it in the fridge for at least an hour before proceeding with the recipe.
- After the rest time, using a sheet of parchment paper, spread the dough to a thickness of one centimeter, giving it a shape as round as possible. Then lay a plate of at least 25 cm in diameter and cut the excess dough.
- Create the wavy decoration on the edge by simply pressing a skewer toothpick about every inch and a half. Spread the chocolate chips on the surface in the center and bake at 180 ° C for 20 minutes.
- Take your cookie out of the oven and let it cool completely before serving: don’t worry if it looks soft because it will reach the right consistency when it cools down. When it’s compact, serve the Chocolate and Coffee Biscuit Cake!
Variations and Alternatives
You can decorate the surface of the Chocolate and Coffee Biscuit Cake with White Chocolate Drops or with chocolate-covered coffee beans.
The base of the Chocolate and Coffee Biscuit Cake can also be used to prepare individual biscuits, cutting the dough with the cookie tins you prefer.
How to Store the Chocolate and Coffee Biscuit Cake
The Chocolate and Coffee Biscuit Cake is kept in a tin container for a week.