The blueberry cake is a fast dessert freely inspired by Blueberry Cake, a fruit cake that belongs to the Anglo-Saxon culinary tradition.
The blueberry cake is a cake freely inspired by the Blueberry Cake, a typical sweet of the Anglo-Saxon tradition, but revisited and enriched with a covering of Cane Sugar that in cooking will form a really amazing crust.
To prepare the Blueberry Cake Recipe you will not need anything but the classic ingredients of all the desserts: Flour, Sugar, Eggs, Butter and of course Blueberries cascades that give their best flavor this season. In less than 20 minutes you will see a Dolce Dolce perfect for any occasion, from a snack to a meal.
Are you looking for other recipes with blueberries? Try the Blueberry Cheesecake, Lemon and Blueberry Cheesecake, Blueberry Tart and Sweet Cheese Cream or let yourself be tempted by the unusual Blueberry Risotto.
// Blueberry pie //
°° Ingredients °°
- 180 grams of flour 0
- 150 grams of sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Lemon peel
- 85 grams of Butter
- 125 grams of milk
- 350 grams of Blueberries
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 3 tablespoons of Cane Sugar
- q.s. of Icing Sugar
How to make the blueberry pie?
- To prepare the Blueberry Cake as first thing, transfer the butter cut into small pieces and lightly softened in a bowl together with the sugar and grated lemon rind.
- Mix the two ingredients with an electric mixer to obtain a cream. Then add the milk and the egg and continue to work with the whisk until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- Then add the sifted flour with the baking powder and mix well with a wooden spoon to prevent lumps from forming. Pour the mixture into a baking pan lined with parchment paper (or sprinkled with the appropriate peel) and level the surface.
- Then sprinkle with blueberries, which will naturally tend to go down during cooking, and complete by sprinkling with brown sugar. Bake at 180 ° C for an hour and, before turning out, do the toothpick test: if skewered in the center of the cake it will have to come out completely dry. If this is not the case, continue cooking for another 5 minutes and repeat the check.
- Once ready, take it out of the oven and let it cool. Gently remove from the cake tin, sprinkle with a little icing sugar, add some fresh blueberry to taste and serve the Blueberry Cake!
Variations and Alternatives
In a similar way to the blueberry cake, it is possible to prepare the dessert by replacing these berries with others to taste, one on all raspberries.
The fruit releases a lot of moisture during cooking, so always check that the cake is well cooked before taking it out of the oven if necessary repeating the check-in several places.
How to Store the blueberry pie
Given the presence of fresh fruit, the dessert is kept outside the refrigerator, under the special bell, for a maximum of a couple of days. We then recommend storing it in the refrigerator to prevent it from spoiling.