Anna with an e is a character born from the pen of Lucy Maud Montgomery and become even more famous all over the world thanks to the anime realized in 1979 by Nippon Animation.
It is a story for children where the protagonist is an orphan named Anna, special for her particular way of seeing the world. The anime follows the adventures of the first book. This is a story that over the years has inspired many films and the equally famous TV series curated by Netflix. Besides the anime, there is also the manga.
5 curiosities that not everyone knows about Anna with an e
- In reality, the novel is not titled like this but “Anna with green roofs”. The roofs would be those of the Cuthbert house she called her, the house with green roofs.
- As highlighted in the version of Netflix, the real name of the protagonist is Anne, which is very important since many people call her Ann, making her constantly angry. In every version of the story, the way Anna wants to be called always changes, in Italy, it was Hanna, in Spain Ana, and so on.
- Anna’s story is set in Prince Edward Island, and the author of the novel was inspired by the places where she really lived. For this reason, there are both the house and many of the places present in the anime that today have become a tourist destination treated in detail.
- In 2008 a prequel to the story of Anna was written, which then became an anime entitled “Smile, little Anna”.
- In addition to the story presented in the anime, there are other novels dedicated to Anna that continue following her in her adult life.
Anna Shirley is a young orphan who is sent to the Cuthbert house at the age of 11. The little girl, who until then had lived with large families who always gave her work to attend to, is enthusiastic about having a home and a family of her own waiting for her. Unfortunately, however, the beginning will not be easy because Marilla and Matthew Cuthbert, a couple of brothers, had asked a boy who could help them in their hard work in the fields.
After a series of ups and downs, the two, despite the child’s eccentric ways of doing things, do not just surprise them, they decide to keep her with them, giving her an education and allowing her to live the life she had always dreamed of. Finally at home, Anna begins to experiment with school, social relations and even love, little by little. It is a life story that encompasses many teachings and that over the years has managed to capture more than one generation thanks to the protagonist’s ability to dream, capable of transforming everything into a fantastic event.
🌼 s o c i a l m e d i a
• instagram: @anfalidrissi / https://www.instagram.com/anfalidrissi/
• business enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
• pinterest: @anfalblog18 / https://www.pinterest.it/anfalblog18/
• blog feed: https://anfalidrissi.com/80492-2/
🌸 S u p p o r t m e
I can’t monetize my blog so, if you feel like it, you can visit my Amazon wishlist and gift me something. Please don’t feel obligated, I completely understand if you don’t.
PS. If you gift me something please leave an email or your insta handle so I can thank you personally!